28th January 2019
Innovate UK is organising a Global Business Innovation Programme with India for the creative and media sectors to showcase the best of British creativity.
This fully-funded programme, consisting of a preparation phase in the UK, a 5-day visit to India and subsequent follow-up support, will help your business develop relationships with partners in the region, allowing you to gain a foothold in a market set for explosive growth.
There are several reasons to choose to enter the Indian market:
• English is widely spoken
• a common legal and administrative history
• rising personal incomes creating a new middle class consumer market
• fast-growing economy with one of the world’s largest youth populations
The rapid expansion of the availability of 4G data, given away at zero cost to the consumer, and the introduction of a lower cost smartphone has been a significant driver of disruptive activity in the Indian marketplace in the last 18 months. Forecasts estimate the Indian smartphone market will reach over 500 million consumers by 2020. For UK creative businesses, the disruptive impact of 500 million 4G-enabled mobiles represents a huge new market, in particular in the gaming, e-commerce, digital marketing, film/TV content distribution and immersive technologies (especially AR) sectors.
• Get a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities in doing business in India
• Find potential partners and investors
• Discover fresh ideas from international thought leaders
• Boost your profile in the UK and overseas
• Grow your business
• Improve your company pitches for international partners and investors
Your business is unique but the challenges you’ll face in business aren’t, we can help get you through them.
Our free and impartial support is delivered by experienced and expert business advisers, giving you the right advice at the right time for your business.
Contact us today to access a wealth of support, events, business growth programmes and expert advice.