Date: Tuesday, 3rd November 2020 at 11.00am-12.00pm
Cost: Free of charge
Join Medilink East Midlands, in partnership with MedsOnTrack and JensonR+ to discuss Medicines Management in Professional Sport.
Our speaker, Steve Simbler, is a pharmacist with over 20 years’ experience working in elite sport. Steve will share some of his experiences as one of the lead pharmacists for the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, as well as some of the other events with which he has been involved. He will also describe his work with elite teams in various sports, including topics such as:
• the volumes of analgesics and anti-inflammatories taken by players/athletes
• storage and security issues in training grounds and also associated with travel
• lack of full time doctors in professional sport and problems associated with other healthcare professionals administering medications to players
• record-keeping issues
• controlled drugs issues
• emergency & trauma medications management in a sports environment
• lack of regulatory oversight or independent monitoring
• concerns over doping issues
DURATION: 1 HOUR
This free to attend event is held as part of the INSTILS programme – a project part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, click here to be re-directed to further information about the project. This event is classed as State Aid to participating businesses, the value of which is £127, but is delivered completely free of charge to participants
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR FREE PLACEBook Now
Your business is unique but the challenges you’ll face in business aren’t, we can help get you through them.
Our free and impartial support is delivered by experienced and expert business advisers, giving you the right advice at the right time for your business.
Contact us today to access a wealth of support, events, business growth programmes and expert advice.