Host: ScaleUp 360
|Tuesday, 1st June 2021 at 6:00pm - 8:00pm|
What will we cover?
We start by discussing the purpose of business: to create value for its customer. Yet customer satisfaction is also a function of expectations – and the problem is that the latter demand more and more over time. The solution to this ‘ratchet’ is continual innovation.
To explain why, we ask what innovation means – and reiterate that it is about the value we create for the customer, rather than our technologies or even our product.
The question is how we identify innovative bundles of value – and, to do this, we look at the innovation circle. We then explore how to manage the process through stage gates.
The spotlight then shifts from supply to demand with a look at innovation models. How do new ways of creating value spread through a market? What is the hype cycle?
We end with the idea of disruptive innovation, contrasting it with sustaining innovations, and ask how we can avoid the “innovator’s dilemma’.
What will I learn?
• the true meaning of innovation as the creation of new bundles of value
• how this addresses the problem of the ‘ratchet’ in customer satisfaction
• the nature of the innovation circle and managing using stage gates
• what the diffusion of innovation is and why it matters to you
• how it differs from the hype cycle and how you can harness the latter
• the best way to avoid the innovator’s dilemma.
Your business is unique but the challenges you’ll face in business aren’t, we can help get you through them.
Our free and impartial support is delivered by experienced and expert business advisers, giving you the right advice at the right time for your business.
Contact us today to access a wealth of support, events, business growth programmes and expert advice.