Host: ScaleUp 360
Over the course of a 2 hour workshop, Irwin Mitchell will outline the legal issues that you may encounter in your business in respect of commercial contracts, and help to provide remedies/top tips in dealing with such issues.
We will discuss the below topics during the session along with explaining recent developments in the law that may affect your contracts:
• Understanding what a contract is and how it is formed (both orally and in writing);
• Discussing the benefits of informal SLA’s vs formal contract development;
• Considering a standard set of a contract’s terms and conditions and working through the key clauses including termination and variation and other boiler point clauses;
• Making sure your Terms & Conditions (T&C’s) form part of the contract;
• Considering what happens if your T&C's conflict with terms in the contract; and understanding which terms will prevail?
• Identifying whose T&C's apply – Battle of the Forms; and
• Ensuring that your contract is fit for purpose and that you fully understand the terms within to ensure both effective contract performance and that your business is adequately protected”
Your business is unique but the challenges you’ll face in business aren’t, we can help get you through them.
Our free and impartial support is delivered by experienced and expert business advisers, giving you the right advice at the right time for your business.
Contact us today to access a wealth of support, events, business growth programmes and expert advice.