Creating an Email Marketing Strategy - fully booked
Host: Community Renewal Fund
Location: East Midlands Chamber, 8 Experian Way Nottingham NG2 1EP
Tuesday, 31st May 2022 at 9:30am - 4:30pm
Take your email marketing to the next level with this action planning workshop that will help you create a strategy that aligns with your business goals, whether you’re looking to get more new customers or keep your existing customers coming back for more.
We’ll identify how email marketing can help your business to achieve specific goals in your wider marketing strategy.
Email provides businesses with a direct channel to speak to their customers, prospects, and leads. As such, it provides marketers with a fantastic opportunity to enhance their brand, build loyalty, and increase customer lifetime value. During part one of this workshop, you’ll set the right goals for your unique business and create a plan that puts on the right footing to make email marketing one of the most effective marketing channels for your business.
You’ll further develop your email marketing plans focusing on either how to convert subscribers into customers, or how to turn existing customers into repeat customers and loyal advocates.
Who should attend this workshop?
The workshop is for any manager or staff member working for or with an SME in the following areas:
- Derbyshire Dales and the High Peak
- Bassetlaw, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood
- Nottingham City
- Leicester City
This workshop is for any business owner or marketing professional who is using email marketing and would like to get better results from their efforts for their business.
What will we cover?
- Setting the right objectives - Establishing the right goals for your email marketing campaigns sets the way forward for everything you do with the channel.
- Developing a content strategy - Email marketing, like any other marketing channel, works best when you send the right message to the right people at the right time.
- Planning the customer journey - Sending your emails is only the first step in a marketing campaign. The real results come when you have your email, landing pages, forms, and call-to-actions working together in harmony.
- Creating the assets - Putting together your campaign requires a little bit of creativity and technical knowledge. We’ll make it easy to put it together for you.
- Analysing your campaign performance - We’ll start the session by looking at how to review your campaign performance. By understanding how to measure campaign success, you’ll be able to make sure your campaigns are developed from the outset with the right success factors in mind.
- Converting subscribers - Many businesses have contacts and subscribers receiving regular updates via email without ever making a purchase. We’ll look at some of the best ways to turn regular readers into brilliant buyers.
- Encouraging repeat purchase - Keeping your customers returning to purchase regularly and consistently is one of the best ways to achieve reliable revenue and is a reliable indicator of future growth. We’ll create a plan for your email marketing that can help to make that happen.
- Building a database of loyal brand advocates - Email marketing provides a direct channel to speak to your customers. Use it to find out who loves your products, who will be the biggest advocate for your business, and who wants to give you constructive feedback to help you in the long run.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this workshop, you will:
- Have a clear set of marketing objectives for your email marketing channel
- Begin populating a content strategy that is right for your audience
- come away with a checklist of what you need to create for each campaign to work effectively
- Know where to go for inspiration of campaign design and messaging
- Have a reliable way of judging email marketing success
- Put a plan in place to turn your casual subscribers into paying customers
- Develop a segmentation strategy design to keep customers coming back regularly
- Use your marketing database to improve your service and build a network of brand advocates
About the speaker
Martin Broadhurst is a digital strategist, majoring in Email Marketing, CRM and Automation and, as a Chartered Institute of Marketing tutor and experienced digital agency leader, has been helping marketing professionals to hone their digital skills for over 10 years.
This event is part-funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment. For more information, visit here
Back to events