Bid Writer (Grant Funding)
£35,000 to £45,000 pa
30th June 2020
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Castle Donington, Derbyshire
Established in 2002, TBAT Innovation is a vibrant niche consultancy with an overarching aim to stimulate and support research and development focused businesses to innovate. The main service offerings centre around providing support to; access grant funding and secure R&D tax credits.
With a head office in Castle Donington, near the M1 in the East Midlands, a developing office in Oxford, but covering the UK, TBAT works across a wide range of sectors including energy, transport and health. Continued success across the business has led to growth by an average of 25% year-on-year over the past five years.
TBAT is looking for someone to join the expansion of its Grant Funding team. You will be joining a fast-developing company and as such, you will have the opportunity to play a key part in the continued growth of the business.
You’ll support clients with structuring, developing, researching and writing grant funding bids into (for example) InnovateUK and H2020 schemes. You will Lead and support high-quality end-to-end proposal development and bid process activities, with a goal to deliver on-time and compliant submissions.
The role is client facing and relies on your ability to deal with senior technical people on a one to one to basis, conducting structured interviews and the writing of high-quality technical reports.
This is a great opportunity if you’re looking for a chance to take a stimulating role working with clients and in collaboration with a team-based and consultancy environment.
- Lead and support high-quality end-to-end proposal development and bid process activities, with a goal to deliver on-time and compliant bid submissions.
- Understanding and definition of R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients
- Assessment of projects in line with grant guidelines
- Writing compelling technical and commercial content to bring out the key factors of client projects to inform the grant bid
- Developing own knowledge and skills in grant funding, to keep knowledge fully up to date and continue to improve
- Interaction with clients’ technical and engineering staff in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and identify how aspects of projects meet the grant guidelines
- Support business development team members in grant prospect assessment and qualification
- Review written work across the organisation for accuracy and relevancy
- Assist in creating, standardising and implementing reporting and proposal-writing templates and tools for timely and organised management of grant writing projects
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team on the development of engaging and informative content
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified in technical subject area
- A demonstrable technical knowledge and experience of writing grant bids
- Adept at translating technical conversation into clear, concise and compelling documents
- Exceptional writing and proofing skills and the ability to work with a broad range of people
- Strong organisational skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, planning, and effective time management
- Ability to interact readily with other technical professionals, have outstanding interpersonal skills and excel in eloquence and concise summary of information
- Strong attention to detail and first-time accuracy is essential
- Experience in dealing with technological challenges faced by industry professionals, such as engineering design, the development or improvement of manufacturing processes, development of new products and improvement to existing products
- Project management skills and client relationship-building abilities
- Comfortable working in a close team
- Creative thinker, independent worker, and a self-starter
- English fluency required
Salary and Benefits
- Dependent on experience and knowledge, the salary range is from £35,000 to £45,000 per year.
- Office based. Option to work up to 2 days per week from home.
- Package includes pension, health cover and company bonus scheme.
If you are interested in this post please send your CV, along with a covering letter describing how you feel that you are the ideal candidate and that you meet all the criteria above to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to jobs