Apprentice Joiner for Keepmoat Homes
28th February 2020
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. Designing and building quality homes and creating places where people want to live.
Purpose of the Role:
Carpenters and Joiners are required to build and install a wide range of wood products including doors, windows, floors, walls, staircases and roof trusses. There are several trade opportunities within this field and also opportunities to specialise once experience has been gained
The list below provides examples of skills which would be useful to a Joiner.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Hand-eye coordination
- Numeracy and Measuring skills
- Working at Height (ladders and access (equipment)
- Attention to detail
What they are looking for:
Joiners can work with a range of hand and/ or machine tools and typical tasks including:
- Interpreting technical drawings & specifications and understanding how the end product fits into a house or building
- Using CAD design software
- Assembling hand or mass-made joinery products, checking that the work is accurately finished, and preparing them for transport and installation on site
- Understanding the performance and uses of different types and grades of wood and assessing and selecting the appropriate type for the job
- Cutting, shaping and joining the material using woodworking machinery and other specialist tools and traditional techniques
- Working on site to fit joinery items into houses or buildings
Why work for Keepmoat Homes?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
If you are interested in applying, please click here
Back to jobs